Advice. We all seek it until we don’t want it (which is when we actually need it). Its always changing too, both our needs of the advice and the actual advice. As we grow, or refuse to grow, the advice pool is always there. Here are some pieces of advice, that will help you win at life.
- Worry. This is a must. Do it daily, because when you don’t worry, things don’t get done, or people get hurt, or life changing or threatening things happen. Worry fixes everything, and takes up very minimal brainwaves. So please, make sure to worry every day. Constantly, if possible.
- Be Impatient. There is nothing that makes other people more happy to help you as when you are completely irrational and impatient—they know you have a schedule, and they know that you are the most important person/thing/happening in their life, so if you keep reminding them with your impatience, this will help you get what you need done.
- Do everything at once. People who can’t do, multitask. If you try to do everything at once, you have the perfect excuse when you can’t finish anything. And if you get everything done while trying to do it at once, well, that is just a double win, now isn’t it?
- Perfect perfection. Always focus on being the absolute best. Never settle for anything less. Ever. Never forgive yourself or others if perfection isn’t achieved daily.
- Rudeness rules. Everyone else is so much less important than you are, and they just don’t understand your life, your needs or your time limits. So why not use rudeness, and pepper it with a LOT of sarcasm, so they understand who you are and will get out of your way so you can be that amazing person, and live your amazing life.
- Focus on yourself. When you focus just on you, you understand yourself. You will always have to live with yourself, unlike everyone else. No one else has to live with you every day, so you’re the only one who knows what you need and when. Even if you don’t know. You can just sit there and focus on it and commiserate with yourself. Eventually everyone will realize that this is the best way to make yourself the best.
- Throw everyone under the bus. Remember to get to number one, you have to get there first. If that means you have to pave the way with bodies, do it.
- Know you’re perfect. Never try to learn anything new, make yourself better, understand others, grow, change, or delineate from your original self or plan. It only leads to destruction.
- Never, ever, ever stop to breathe or take a moment. Woo-woo people who light candles and believe in things bigger than themselves take time to stop and breathe. You are on your way to winning at life, and your body does those things naturally, so why stop and take the time to do them?
If you’ve read this far, and stayed with me the entire way, I hope you are laughing. This was all sarcasm… To live a great life, do the OPPOSITE of all of these things. There is NO winning life. There is just LIVING life. Mistakes happen. We all get broken and bruised—but you just have to keep getting back up and trying again. Breathe. Be kind. Do the best you can. No one is perfect and we should STOP SEEKING perfection–it doesn’t exist. Live your life for YOU, but don’t knock everyone down on your way. You’ll be much happier.
Its August and its that time again!! We have always loved fall, even though summer is ending, it always feels like a new start! So come on over, share a favorite blog post or three, and favorite things about fall with us!
Here’s what you do:
- In the comments, say hey and post a link to one of your favorite blogs, or even one that has to do with fall!
- Let us know if you have a favorite thing that has to do with fall (Clare loves the changing of the leaves and buying school supplies. LL loves when the air gets crisp and she can go for runs in the changing leaves!)
- Go explore other blogs–reach out to your fellow bloggers, visit THEIR pages, and let them know you stopped by in their comments!
- Invite more bloggers to party with us!!
Lots of love,
–LL and Clare
Hey loyal readers! We love inspiring you, and we love the inspiration we get from you–especially our fellow bloggers! We were nominated for a Liebster Award by JustAddTea! WE love you!! and Love that you love us! Anyhoo–we’ve followed The Rules, answered your questions, and want to pass on the love! Go check out JustAddTea’s Blog after reading this! The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize up-and-coming new bloggers, bring exposure to them, and encourage networking between us. The Rules
- Link the person who nominated you to your blog post. Thank them and let them know you answered their questions. 2. Answer the 7 questions given to you by the nominator. 3. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers with a following of less than 500. 4. Create 7 questions for your nominees to answer. 5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them. 6. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
Our answers to the questions posed to us:
- Why did you start blogging? We met up to reunite a cold evening in January and realized we were living very similar lives even though we are in different places. People are always asking us for advice. And we are constantly learning through our life trials. We thought we’d share experiences and inspire.
- What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written so far? LL: Sex With Friends Clare: Growing Out of Friends
- What do you do when you’re not blogging? Clare: actress/nanny in NYC and all the running around that entails! I’m also writing a work of fiction. LL: When I’m not blogging I’m coaching! I teach Pilates and coach teachers and studio owners on business and life goals. Enjoy a good book, Netflix and hiking, yoga…such an LA answer! Haha
- How do you come up with your blog ideas? LL: life in general! Sometimes it’s simply an over heard conversation that gets me thinking. Often it’s hearing someone say something and my reaction to it. As in Don’t want it now. My now boyfriend then said “I just don’t know what I want right now” and my reaction was “I know what I want! I just don’t want it right now.” Clare: It’s life inspired. Usually it’s because I’ve had a phone conversation with a friend and a topic stands out and the hamster in my brain won’t stop running until I’m writing.
- Who inspired you most in your life? Clare: I’m generally inspired by anyone who is out there chasing a dream. LL: No one particular person…maybe when I was younger Santa Claus intrigued me because he could do so many things in one night! Now as an adult I find inspiration in people following their dreams and taking their own journey.
- Do you have a set place/time/routine when you blog? Clare: I usually get inspired late at night–this probably comes from being a college student and writing those late night papers. I also get crazy inspiration on the subway and in the shower. LL: Nope! Maybe some day but I will write whenever I’m inspired and have a moment to get the idea down. I find my outdoor office is where I get complete blogs out and my comfy bed is where I can edit.
- Do you hope to impact people who read your blog? Why or why not? LL: absolutely!! I want for people to have their best life. To be their best self. To have self love and self worth. My experiences good, bad, ugly and or sexy can help them reach their next level. Clare: definitely. We aspire to inspire hope and quench the fears in this sea of life. We want people live their best lives and share their experiences.
We nominate: This, That, and the other Thang (You’re a DOLL! We adore you!) Fearsome Beard (You make us giggle, and wish we could have beards!) Wheat Free Dairy Free Kitchen (These are yummy! and LL is GF!!) Simply Delish (Yeah, we like food. A LOT. And we adore your blogs!) Hopelessly Romantic Cinderella (Your adventures are entertaining!) And now, nominees above, you have to answer our Questions: 1) What was your most exciting moment with your blog? 2) Craziest thing you’ve written or written about? 3) Did you inspire someone today? Why or Why not? 4) What is your favorite quote or saying? 5) If you could have one person read your blog—living or dead—who would it be? 6) Is the glass half empty or half full? Explain. 7) What do you want to be when you grow up?